Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Am I running out of words??

It has occurred to me over the last few days that I have been struggling with coming up with things to post here.  Over the last six weeks, I have covered the tourist-y things (Lion's Head, the Aquarium), and my projects (Iso'Lezwe, LEAP), and life in South Africa, all in some amount of detail.  Some days, it felt as if I needed to post three to four postings a day just to keep you all current on what was happening with me.

Then, over the last week or so, that energy has disappeared. Is it because I am experiencing less "new and different"? Is it because I am spending so much time grant writing, which is a different form of writing, but still writing?

Or could it be that I am finally running of of words?

When I completed my Masters' Thesis, I experienced this same phenomenon.  I just plain ran out of words, couldn't for the life of me think which word I was trying to use, and became horribly (in my opinion) inarticulate.  They eventually came back, the words did.

I hope this isn't the problem because I still have two weeks, fourteen days, left in South Africa.  I have big plans for both this weekend and next, and stories to tell.

But I do realize that at some point, this blog will end and we (me and all of you readers) will put this trip to bed.  We may look back and reflect, but the drama and romance of spending a summer in South Africa will come to a close.

In the meantime, I guess I will just keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment