Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hanging out at the "Farm"

Actually an "Equestrian Estate", or so the sign on the front gate says.  I think I already posted that the Fellows all spent a relaxing weekend at the farm, but I just now have enough internet to be able to post some of the photos.



This is what the main lodge looks like -









the stables for the horsies ....














Jen, Josh, and Jamie getting prepared for the ATV course ..  Jen DOES look just the tinyest bit worried ....












The Brie (pronounced Br and a long I), which is a traditional South African BBQ.  The idea is that the wood (on the right side in the little container) burns down into embers, then gets whisked over unter the meat.  I think the cook said he was using Manzinita, but I could be wrong.  Those are lamb chops on the grill, and a piece of chicken in the tongs.



I was sort of choosy about what I had for dinner, and apparently, there was good reason for that because of how many people got sick, but here is what I had (starting at the top, going clockwise):  Sump and Beans, BBQ chickin in the middle, The orange thing is roasted butternut squash, under that is creamed spinach, roasted potatoes with rosemary, saffron rice, and lamb curry.  The wife of the owner (all of the horses are her') does all of the cooking, and when I asked about how things were made, she kept pointing out that they are Muslim.  I am not entirely sure what that means.


I thought dinner was pretty tasty, especially the Sump and Beans, which is a staple on the table whenever you eat out.

1 comment:

  1. Good going, Deb. Very impressive. I feel very proud to live in your neighborhood. I appreciate the young man involving the children and bringing them closer through soccer.

    ReplyDelete