Thursday, July 15, 2010

Look right, look left, look right again, look right even more again ...







South Africa is one of those countries that drive on the "wrong" side of the road.












Today, I was crossing the street on the way to the school (this is the road I take), when I forgot and looked left, then right, then left,






And before I knew it, the Security Guard was yelling and someone blew by me in their car.  Contrary to the United States, people here do NOT stop for pedestrians.  Once you enter the street, you are on your own.

I suppose I need to slow down and think about where I am and remember that, at least in this country, that pedestrians do not have the right away.  And that if I am to return to the States in one piece, I need to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment