Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kickin' back

It had to come, we have all been SO busy.  Today has been a pretty laid back day.

As usual, the alarm on my Blackberry went off at 7:00, which really irritated me because I had no where to go this morning, and I was having a wonderful dream about something or other, and I was warm.  Warm.  I was warm :)  But ring the alarm did say, and up I did get.  Stumbled across the patio, missing stepping into the pool (one of my worries is that I will forget the pool is there and stumble into the cold water), into the backdoor of the house, found a coffee mug, and poured a cup.  Each evening before I go to bed I make a pot of coffee and the first person up in the morning (which is usually me or Steve) turns it on.  Today, Steve was up first, so coffee was already made when I got there.

Now, if I could only teach someone to bring me my coffee in bed like Jim does .....  ahhhh .... probably won't happen.

All of the Educators (which is everyone except Subina and me) had Saturday school, where they tutor LEAP students, so the house got quite quickly.  I headed over to the conference room for a couple of hours of good, solid, quiet, grant research work.  I was pleased to find a couple of places that I can send in proposals for the Iso'Lezwe Med Clinic, plus the Realistic organization, whom I met with on Friday.  A couple of other good hits as well.

Spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sun, alternating between being warm and having goosebumps.

Tonight is the last evening here at the lodge before most of the Fellows go off on their respective homestays.  Monica and I are staying here at the lodge, some people are staying in Langa, and a couple are staying at the Safe House for Leapsa students.  Since it is our last evening together, I think we are planning on going out for dinner.  I am sure the younger group will stay out most of the night (they generally roll in around 4:00 am, FAR to late for me), so I will head home early with a couple of the others who don't do all-nighters.

It's been nice just sitting around today and not doing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment