Friday, July 16, 2010

Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

Finally, I got through all of those other posts and can now post the really GOOD stuff :)

Last Sunday, Vernon, Katie, Sara, and I hopped into Leon's car and went a couple of places.  First, was the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.  This is me, Katie, Sara (my new roommate), and Vernon.



















Nena, this fern grotto is for you ~










Something in the conservatory ...














Avenue of the Camphors ...











A spectacular view of Table Mountain in the morning sun.














Different view ..















Bird of Paradise











A different kind of bird - Guinea Fowl (that is what Dickie the LEAP School van driver told me)












This tree was in the section called "The Enchanted Forest"














Look at those seed pods.  They made a clicking sound if you were to shake them.















More flowers ..










Me, with the resident Ape.

(As a complete aside, that is a sweater I bought a couple of weeks ago when shopping with Monica, and is the single warmest thing I own.  Under that sweater is a thermal shirt, plus a long-sleeved shirt, two pairs of socks, and my new Eastland (from Maine) winter shoes. I was still cold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment