Sunday, July 18, 2010

A night on the Town

What does one do after a lazy day sitting around the house and pool?

One goes out on the town, of course :)

Saturday was one of our Fellows' birthday (Jen.)  It was a bit complicated, but the rest of us were all able to get dressed up (as dressed up as one can get after having lived out of your suitcase for a month), pile into a cab, go across town, sit in the restaurant, and shout "Surprise" when she walked in the door.

The restaurant is called The Wild Fig.

http://www.thewildfig.co.za/

There are no photos, but I had the Slow Roasted lamb in Phyllo pastry.  It was tasty, but lacking in salt/pepper/spices of any sort.  Lots of dough and not a lot of lamb.  But it filled my tummy and that is something that has been lacking lately.

After dinner, we all piled into cars and cabs and went in search of a fun club.  Now, anyone that really knows me is probably ROTFL at this point, because the idea of me!!  going out clubbing, well, I can't tell you the last time I was out late like that.  But before I left home, I had promised Jim that if the younger people went out in the evenings, that I would go with them.

We stopped at a couple of places, they were either closed (as in no longer in business) because the World Cup was gone, or they weren't open on a Saturday night, or something.  We ended up at a club on the beach in Camps Bay, which is where we have been a couple of times before.

I have to say - I had forgotten how much I enjoy dancing.  I wish I had had a dress or skirt on, instead of blue jeans, and the place was awfully warm (now, THAT was a nice change from being cold all the time), but all in all, I had a GREAT time.  We got back to the lodge around 2:30 am.  I was thinking that I would sleep in this morning, but no, my eyes popped open at 7:30 am.  Thankfully, Steve already had coffee made.

Today is the big day when most of the Fellows move into their Home Stay situations.  It is a bright and sunny day, so I should try and gather people to go and do something.  Don't know what, but I venture to say there is a nap planned later today.

Yawn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment