Saturday, July 3, 2010

Beluah Lodge







Beluah is where I live.















That is what a thached roof looks like, up close and personal.  When I was in The UK in 2004, I tried to get a close up loot at a thached roof, with no luck. Now, here I am living under one.













This is the kitchen where 17 of us make dinner almost every evening, and do breakfast.  You can imagine that any more than 3 - 4 makes for a confusing kitchen ....













And the "living room" where we all hang out in the evenings ....








Then there are those nasty guard dogs two doors down who want to eat my face.  The last couple of mornings, they sit quietly and cutely inside of their gate, but they dont' bluff me.  I KNOW if i venture too closely or offer them a Kitty the Dog treat they will eat my hands off without a second thought.

The other thing I need to photograph is the key to the exterior gate.  The gate has a clicker, that a couple of Fellows have (I don't know how they got them and why we don't ALL have them) that opens it up so cars and come and go.  Then there is a small gate next to that for foot traffic.  One almost has to stand on their head to get the key into the lock then turn the key, then open the gate.  Quite the gymnastics required.

Yellow lab dogs - photo needed
Gate lock - photo needed

Duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment