Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cold, wet, and rainy

That about sums up today.  We were scheduled to do the Robbins Island tour this morning, but the rain cancelled the tour boat.

This is actually a welcome change.  While I was looking forward to playing tourist, I am also now looking forward to just hanging out for a day, and not have any real plans.  To get the day started, I headed off to the gym, where I weighed in and discovered I am down 4, almost 5 pounds.

:)
:)
:)

Rode 10 miles in the bike, did weights, even took the time to stretch out, now feel fit and good.  Came back to the lodge to run through the flurry of emails that all of you send me while I am asleep, not an cruising the job posting boards to see if there is anything I should apply for.  I REALLY need to get a job when I get home.  Not so much for the financial part, but my brain needs me to get a job.

Later today, Monica and I are heading over to the Canal Walk Mall (the same place we went last time) - the biggest enclosed mall on the continent. I need a new camera and AAA batteries. Maybe some new socks (although no one here wears socks, let alone knee-high ones), and I am getting awfully tired of the same two sweaters that I have been wearing for three weeks now.

Who knows.  We might so see a movie ... get some dinner while we are out .... a free day to just hang out.

What a nice change!

1 comment:

  1. Rainy, cooler and damp here in MD7 too. I really love reading about your activities of daily living on this adventure. Everything seems so normal and day to day- not like you are really a world or half away (not discounting the really serious differences). The more things change the more they stay the same. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete