Monday, June 7, 2010

The World Cup

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who hears I am going to Cape Town immediately asks me if I am going to the World Cup.

Deb:  I am going to South Africa this summer to volunteer my services ...
Other Person:  Ahhhhhhhhh ........ are you going to the World Cup??

Never mind that I am not really a soccer fan, unless you count my two boys (16 and 12) and how many seasons they have played soccer. 

I couldn't tell you what a Side Out is.  Maybe 10 combined seasons and I still don't know what to watch for.  Can't say when to play offense, when to play defense.  I DO know how to cut up the oranges for snack, though, and to bring wet rags on hot days.

:)

So I don't know if I am going to the World Cup or not.  Tickets are running $300 and up.  That is out of my budget.  People keep saying it is a Once in a Lifetime event, but ya know?

Anyway, this morning I saw this Nike ad - touted to be the "best ad ever", so I had to watch.  I have to admit that being in the Cape Town stadium (see the webcam post for a live shot of the stadium) would be exciting.  We will see.


http://www.slate.com/id/2256074/?GT1=38001

No comments:

Post a Comment