Sunday, June 13, 2010

Santa Baby ...

Will you be home on Friday?  Seems that I will be going right over Santa's House at the North Pole.

Being the Ever Curious person that I am, and also being pretty bored because Jim, Grant, and Alex all left this morning to go on a White Water Rafting trip, leaving me with Kitty the Dog and cherries that are too ripe to eat .....

whew !!!!!

I started wondering about what route the flight from SFO to Dubai will take.  From what I found out on Google, the flight leaves SFO, runs up the coast past Seattle, then over the North Pole, and down through Russia, passed India, finally landing in Dubia.  Elapsed time:  15 hours 20 minutes.

Which THEN led me to ask the question, what is currently the longest flight on a regularly scheduled route?  This was a table which didn't upload very well, and is now edited:

1. Newark to Singapore- Singapore Airlines 18hr 50min
2. Los Angeles to Singapore - Singapore Airlines 17hr 20min
3 Johannesburg to Atlanta - Delta Air Lines 16hr 40min
4. Dubai to Los Angeles -  Emirates 16hr 35mi
5. Los Angeles to Bangkok - Thai Airways International 17hr 30min
6. Dubai to Houston -Emirates 16hr 20min
7. Dubai to San Francisco -  Emirates 16hr 00min
8. New York to Hong Kong -  Cathay Pacific 15hr 20min


16 HOURS!!  I already knew that.

That is one BIG plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment