Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I have a lot to say ...

:)

I wish this blog sight had more smiley face icons.

This morning, I was looking back at some of my blog postings over the last six weeks.  When I initially set up this blog, I made the commitment to post something each day, and to try to convey my thoughts, feelings, emotions, and logistical tips in a way that would keep you all engaged.  I like to think that I have been somewhat successful in that venture.  I also realize how far I have come from the first day, back in mid-February, when Jim and I first (laughingly) discussed the idea of me coming here for two months.

Today, really for the first day since I have been here, I feel as if I have hit my stride.  Stopping at the office supply store yesterday helped.  I bought a new wireless mouse (to replace the one I had dropped one too many times), a ream of blank paper (I really don't like taking notes on lined paper, something I learned from Tom), a replacement stick eraser, and a portable three-hole punch.  I found, here at the lodge, an old binder they let me have, so I am now organized. 

My only regret is that I didn't make room in my suitcase for the portable printer that Jim gave me. In hindsight, THAT would have been a good thing to have here, but I just couldn't fit it into my suitcase.

But back to my original point, before I get off too far on a tangent, and that is that I seem to have quite a bit to say.  Each day, I have to decide, from a wide range of ideas, what to write about. I limit myself to one post.  And it occurs to me how much I have missed writing.  Since August 2003 (17 days after Allan died) when I first started back to school at Dominican, I have been writing, writing, writing.  Cranking out reams of papers and reports and homework.  Writing Employee Handbooks at work, writing Accounting Policy and Procedure manuals, writing, writing, writing. At least until April, when I finished my last MBA paper, and my writing stopped.

This blog is an effort to give myself a reason for writing again.  And I think it is working :)

No comments:

Post a Comment