Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last minute details

48 hours before the plane departs.  Nervous energy at every corner, can hardly sit still.

UPS came twice today - once with my long-sleeved work sweaters and shirts, then again with my new shoes with no holes in them. I was worried about the shoes.

Soccer gear continues to flow in.  I now have four big duffel bags filled.  Cones, line flags, a rule book, were some of the more interesting donations.  A few sports bags.

I figured out the 15 pound carry on packing dilemma.  The bag weighs less than the 20 pound bag of kitty litter, so I should be good.

Passport, foreign currency, immunization records - all here.

Yard watered and weeds pulled - done.

Large suitcase almost packed.  Some of it can't go in until tomorrow, such as my workout bag.  I decided to take my spin shoes.  The gym that I am going to join there (for two months) has spin classes.  I can't imagine that they would not have clips on the pedals, and the thought of doing spin for two months without shoes, well, ick.

I also decided to bring my two favorite gardening tools:  the red hand-clippers that Jim gave me for Christmas last year, and the fork-like thing (also red handled) that digs up weeds.  Just in case I come across a garden that needs weeding.  Or clipping.  Or even pruning. I can do some serious pruning with those clippers.

I bought some snacks for the plane.

Marin Community Foundation still has not responded to my request for support.  That is disappointing. Not that they are, perhaps, not funding me, but that they haven't even had the manners to write back saying so.  It was a long shot, me sending Tom Peters that letter after my graduation.  But the very least they could have done was to send a "thanks but no" letter.  Too bad ... sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Tonight, the Pell's across the street are feeding me, helpless as I am when Jim is not here :) Tomorrow night, the Guthrie's are feeding me, then Friday night, Emirates Airlines is feeding me.

48 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment