Sunday, June 20, 2010

11 hours to go ....

11 hours down …. 4 to go ….

Dana has been joking about “Trucker’s Butt”, but the reality is that this is a hecka long flight. We are flying Emirates which is a relatively new airline. Seats are small but comfortable. Someone had mentioned to me that since this was such a long flight that there wouldn’t be many families or babies, but almost all of the other passengers are families. There are at least four tiny babies, one who, after 11 hours, has just now settled down.


Flight attendents are a step back in the past. When we came on board, the women wore perky red hats and white scarves, plus long sleeves, covering most of their bodies. Not that the flight attendants are scantily clad in the States, but these girls (and the do look like young girls) were covered. And they were all exactly alike, from the uniform to the slash of pink rouge makeup across their cheeks, sort of Stepford Wife-ish.

Dinner was good, a very tasty Lamb Curry, smoked salmon coucous, and strawberry dessert. Snack was a tuna wrap, and breakfast should be here in an hour or so.

To date, the longest flight I have been on is San Francisco to London, and that flight is about 9 hours. We passed that mark two hours ago. My knees ache. My hips ache. And even though there is a port to charge my ipod, I can’t find the connector in my bag and my ipod went dead two hours ago.



Sigh ……

No comments:

Post a Comment