Thursday, June 17, 2010

Final Countdown ..

Today was surprisingly busy.

Note to those following me on this trek:  I had to negotiate with Dominican on the Food Allowance.  There was some degree of confusion as to who was paying for this and that, even though Dominican had sent me a letter stating they were paying for this and that, and when Push came to Shove, they paid for that, but not this.

sigh .... oh, well.  I am going and That's That.

The point of that was I had to drive down to Dominican this afternoon to pick up a check for That.  While down there, I stopped by Centerforce.  I am the (contracting) Director of Finance there, and this week we received word that we were awarded a large (to us) contract.  Except, it was only 1/2 of what we had submitted.  This means that instead of my reading the mandatory readings (see my "on the shelf" list to the right of this post), on the plane I am going to be crunching numbers to significantly cut the FY11 budget. Then to find an Internet connection in Dubai, send that back to the States, so that come Monday, Centerforce can submit a new budget, and know what the agency budget looks like. 

I didn't factor in that amount of work AT. All.

Had to run to Target to get another big duffel bag for soccer gear.

Took Kitty the Dog to the Dog Park.

While I was at Dominican, I sat with Dana (the other MBA and my Roomie) and we talked about confusion with the program.  We both worry that the start up of our work will be slow, that somehow, things will be confusing and we won't be productive.  That is probably our own nervousness talking, but in our minds, it is real.  And on the Eve of leaving on a very big trip, a real fact.

Tonight, in my Feed Deb for the Week program, the Guthrie's are feeding me.  They are such nice people :)

In my suitcase are two photos of Jim and I at our wedding last year, along with the photo of the entire family (Jim, Deb, Jennifer, Graham, Sarah, Madyson, Grant, and Alex) .... reminds me of what I am leaving behind.  I also have two photos of Jim and I on our wedding day last year, in Yosemite, and if I keep thinking about it, I might pack up the first photo taken of he and I, the first time we went to Yosemite.  The time we, on the spur of the moment, climbed to the top of Upper Yosemite Falls.

He has only been gone since Sunday (five days.)  How am I going to get through an entire 60 days more??

No comments:

Post a Comment