Thursday, June 3, 2010

Panic attack in Spades

Can we say "What was I thinking??????"

It just really hit home today that I am leaving for TWO MONTHS!!!

Not sure what is behind it, but feelings have been bubbling up all day.

I know what part of it is - I am the Director of Finance for my organization.  June 30 is our year end.  At year end, we accountants do this and that and it is a big deal.  We pull things together, get it all reconciled, audited, and done.  Then, audited statements are produced and .....

Did some of you just go to sleep?  :)

The point being - I won't be here on June 30.  Closing the books has to wait until I get back.  In September!  Who the heck, as a competent accountant closes the books in September?

sigh ......






Missing Year End is almost worse than missing picking cherries or my favorite Dahlias.

No comments:

Post a Comment