Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lunchtime at LEAP

I happened to be out in the yard today at mid day, when the school lunch break is.

Jonah was teaching a group of boys how to skateboard ....


"Hop on it like this .... "









Your turn .....










Same thing tomorrow ....  all of these budding young skateboard artists ...










Meanwhile, on the other side of the lunch yard ...



Sammy (who is in charge of the Learning Center and the tutors), Mona, Steven, Jamie, and ..... someone I don't know his name.








I am not sure of this young chap's name either (one would think after two months  I would know) is trying one of my Sugar Snap Peas.  At the Woolworth's food store (which is about as close to Whole Foods as you can get here, they sell Sugar Snap Peas in the "large, economy" size, which means it is about 8 ounces, or for me, single-serving.  I have been passing them around to all of the kids when I am out and about.  This student ate half and said it tasted like grass, and that if you have to eat anything green, it should be cooked until soft, not eaten straight from the ground.







Sarah was also out on the yard, chatting it up with some girls ..






Josh, Jamie, and Jen - looking decidedly perplexed over something a student is doing .....


That is a root beer bottle in Josh's hand, by the way.






Adisani (on the right) sharing his root beer with a student.  Note the sweatshirt he is wearing - it makes me happy to see him wearing this - Grant out grew it a couple of years ago and I brought it over.





There's a nice group shot - Jamie, the back of Subina's head, Mona, Jen, Josh, Frances - all with students sprinkled in.


About that time, everyone headed off for afternoon classes.

1 comment:

  1. The theme of your blog is very beautiful and the article is written very well, I will continue to focus on your article.

    ReplyDelete