Thursday, May 27, 2010

O-KAY!!!

People have been asking me "So, Deb, what are you going to miss while you are in South Africa?"

Jim and I ran through a list this morning, and most of our ideas had to do with our two teen aged boys.  I will probably come back and edit this list quite a few times, but in no particular order, I will miss:

1.  The way Grant says O-KAY!!  It is his new thing and he has quickly perfected it.  One must say it in a loud voice and then completely disregard whatever it is that he just said O-KAY to. 
2.  Laundry.
3.  Dishes.
4.  Jim.  Jim should be at the top of the list - he is the love of my life.  But I am REALLY going to miss O-KAY!!
5. Cats that have to go outside and come back inside and then go back outside and then come back inside six times each night.
6.  Rain.  Oh, wait.  It will be raining there.  Guess I won't really miss that.
7.  My electric blanket (see the Heat post)
8.  My compost pile.  I am sure it will struggle along without me, nature has a funny way of doing that.  But I am most certainly going to miss turning and checking the temperature.
9.  Dirt under my fingernails. I imagine that I will find a garden nearby that has weeds that need to be pulled and a compost pile that needs to be started.

What do you, Readers, think I will miss most?

No comments:

Post a Comment